Tuesday, August 21, 2007

DaMarcus Beasley: One-on-One

While in Goteborg preparing for the U.S. MNT's match against Sweden, ussoccer.com caught up with DaMarcus Beasley to discuss his recent transfer to Rangers.

ussoccer.com: Do you have trouble understanding Scottish people?
DMB: “Yeah, it’s tough understanding people in Glasgow. They talk so fast! I’m getting better at understanding them. Obviously, it’s still English, but it’s funny how hard it is for them to understand me, and me to understand them.”

ussoccer.com: You tried any Scottish food yet?
DMB: “I’m trying to stay away from it. I’ve heard of haggis. They also have fried Mars bars that I keep hearing about. So no, I haven’t tried any natural Scottish foods. I don’t think I ever will.”

(Editor’s note: In case you were thinking DaMarcus is lacking an ‘adventurous spirit’, Merriam Webster defines haggis as “a traditionally Scottish dish that consists of the heart, liver, and lungs of a sheep or a calf minced with suet, onions, oatmeal, and seasonings and boiled in the stomach of the animal.” You decide.)

Read More

2 comments:

Anton said...

ussoccer.com: Ever get tired of beating Mexico?

DMB: Never. Anytime we play them – home, away, in England – it doesn’t matter. There’s never a better feeling than beating Mexico...


agree

please please please bitch someone out for not putting the USMNT games on a regular station like ESPN or ABC.

US Fan said...

Kudos to DeMarcus. Ajax, then City, now Rangers. Top flite experience coming out of Ft. Wayne, IN. How does that happen?

Forget the racist nonsense in that part of the world - its centuries old, runs deep, and they'll never control idiots like that in those cultures. Just ban them from having home games.